No needles or nasal administration – just a simple oral vaccine to protect against many common viruses
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania – Finding the most comfortable, convenient vaccine to protect against cold and flu season can be a feat with a limited pool of options. But there is a kinder vaccine platform in development at US Specialty Formulations™ (USSF): QYNDR. The cutting-edge oral vaccine was created in response to the U.S. government’s call for more COVID-19 vaccines and may be a successful yet versatile option against many viruses and illnesses, from common colds, flus and COVID to West Nile, MERS, Group A Strep and Nipah.
“QYNDR is a vaccine that we developed out of urgency but has, because of extensive clinical trials, become a feasible solution to better protection against not only SARS-CoV-2 but a range of viruses. In early 2020, our biotech firm was approaching the clinical trial stage of an oral DTaP vaccine and was able to pivot the development to create QYNDR. Through induction of mucosal IgA and serum IgG, this vaccine will make administration, adherence and protection better and more accessible for all,” said Co-Founder and CEO Dr. Kyle Flanigan, Ph.D.
The protein-based oral (mucosal) vaccine was formulated by Dr. Flanigan and Co-Founder and COO Dr. Garry Morefield, Ph.D. and their accomplished team of scientists. With decades of experience in pharmaceutical development and medical performance materials, they established a complex solution for a simple-to-take vaccine supported by extensive research that oral vaccines boast numerous advantages over injectables. These include:
- Fewer side effects and long-lasting protection: After taking QYNDR, acceptable levels of antibodies persist for a significant amount of time without negative side effects. By adding an oral vaccine to complement the world’s vaccine mRNA arsenal, larger populations can be protected against viruses due to its ease of use.
- Adaptable: Oral vaccines have shown cross-strain protection and are positioned to be updated as viruses mutate.
- Convenient: : QYNDR vaccines do not require medical administration, just open the bottle and drink.
- Reduced risk of transmission (shedding): Recent data shows that immunized people continue to ‘shed’ live viruses after exposure. This vaccine reduces the amount of virus in the mucosa, reducing the risk of virus shedding and stopping the spread.
- Supplying the demand: QYNDR can help meet the underserved demand for global vaccines, which is higher than what the large suppliers provide. It does not require refrigeration to transport, distribute or store, making it more accessible.
USSF has completed the first stage of clinical trials and has proceeded into the second and third stages. It will continue to undergo the final stages of clinical trials and funding initiatives before announcing QYNDR’s official launch date. With funding for additional testing, QYNDR has the potential to become an over-the-counter vaccine.
A minority-controlled business and a certified Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) manufacturer of sterile injectable, topical and specialty pharmaceuticals. It manufactures its own branded prescription products and provides clinical materials for investigational new drug applications, specialty formulations, adjuvants and fermentation and purification services requested by biotech companies.
To keep up to date on the latest about the QYNDR vaccine, please visit USSF.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the amended Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as “will,” may,” “should,” “could,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “aims,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “predicts,” “potential,” “continues” or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. Not all forward-looking statements contain these words. The forward-looking statements in this press release are neither promises nor guarantees. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are beyond US Specialty Formulations LLC’s control and which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. Except as required by law, US Specialty Formulations LLC disclaims any intention or responsibility for updating or revising any forward-looking statements contained in this press release in the event of new information, future developments or otherwise. These forward-looking statements are based on US Specialty Formulations LLC’s current expectations and speak only as of the date of this press release.
EDITOR’S NOTE: For more information about USSF and to arrange to speak with a company spokesperson, please contact Nancy Trent or Pamela Wadler at 212-966-0024 or email@example.com.Read More